Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Starving dogs survived on owners' remains

So... the Saskatoon SPCA found 7 dogs alive after the elderly pet owners had died in their home for 2~3 weeks.  The police later found out that the dogs were able to stay alive by eating the remains of their owners!!  (When I found out 5 of the dogs are Shelties, I was like... ewwwwww.....). 

The Saskatoon SPCA now has to determine if the dogs can be adopted or need to be put down (which is sad because the dogs were just acting out of their survival instincts).

I seriously hope they can help these dogs find new homes.  I know this may sound all gross and weird, but I rather be dog food than maggot food...

See complete story via Starving dogs survived on owners' remains - Saskatchewan - CBC News

No comments:

Post a Comment