Thursday, May 19, 2011

Tornado Dog Crawls Home with Two Shattered Legs...

I don't know how I feel about this story... 

A dog (Mason) who was carried away by a killer Alabama tornado in late April had such a will to make it home that he crawled back to his house with two shattered front legs. It took the terrier mix more than two weeks to get there (I cried....).

Well, Mason's owners were shocked to see him on the front porch of their home, they thought that he'd be dead by now.  So, with all the distress Mason’s owners had been through themselves because of the tornado, they sent Mason to the local animal shelter because they couldn't deal with the expensive medical care Mason would need.  (I totally understand the stress they've been through, but I also can't imaging giving up my injured dog after finding him on my front porch.  I'm not judging... it's been beyond terrible for people affected by tornadoes.)

Fortunately Mason is being well cared for at the Birmingham-Jefferson County Animal Control shelter, and at the Vulcan Park Animal Care Clinic.

“This is probably the most dramatic we’ve seen as far as an injury in an animal that’s survived this long,” said the shelter’s Phil Doster. “For an animal to go through what he’s gone through and not to be ugly, to be happy for any companionship is remarkable. We’re honored to be part of his recovery.”


via dogster.com

No comments:

Post a Comment