Tuesday, January 11, 2011

What's for dinner? Beef Tartare!

So I feed my dog a variety of foods (a balanced diet).  I usually (95% of the time) cook for him after work everyday.  There are a lot of quality pet foods out there these days, but I prefer cooking for him because it's something he looks forward to after a long day at the store.  Mickey sits by my feet in the kitchen and stares at me with those, "I LOVE YOU MOM", eyes!!  He has me well trained....

So if you want to give your dog a special reward tonight, here's a simple recipe (please adjust portion size according to body weight).
  • 1 serving of the Sojos Grain-Free Dog Food Mix
  • 1 serving of fresh organic raw beef tenderloin from your local market (cut in small cubes)
  • Some chopped fresh parsley (a nutritious herb, also for good doggie breath!)
  • A pump of salmon oil (excellent for skin and coat + sparkly eyes)
  • 1 serving of bee pollen (a nutritious supplement with 22 essential amino acids)
  • Top it off with just a little shaved organic cheddar cheese
I do play around with different supplements all the time, so you can always adjust your recipe according to your pet's needs.

Here's what Mickey's dinner looks like:



Yum... yum... yum... it was gone in 30 seconds...

A happy dog = a happy home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment